[Moims-dai] Review of Latest version of OAIS

david david at giaretta.org
Tue Sep 24 19:04:52 UTC 2019

Hi MarkI'll make the text under Fig 2-3 to be consistent with the glossary.Thanks for pointing out these inconsistencies.CheersDavidSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Conrad <mark.conrad at nara.gov> Date: 24/09/2019  19:53  (GMT+00:00) To: MOIMS-Data Archive Interoperability <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org> Subject: Re: [Moims-dai] Review of Latest version of OAIS David,I disagree about the used of CDO in this paragraph, but won't argue the point further. However, in the second paragraph under Figure 2-3 the definition of Packaging Information:"The Packaging Information is that information which, either physically
or logically, binds, identifies and relates the Information Object(s) and its major
components, if any"

 still does not match the definition in the Terminology section:"The
information that describes how the components of an Information Package are
logically or physically bound together and how to identify and extract the components."

It would be much clearer if both places used the definition from the Terminology section.Thanks again for herding the cats on this!Mark On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM David Giaretta <david at giaretta.org> wrote:Mark I included all your suggestions except the one that is a few paragraphs under Fig 2-3 which starts:The Information Object in the package may have various components. Of particular significance is the case in which the Information Object is made up of Content Information, which is the original target of preservation, plus its related Preservation Description Information (PDI). Only after the Content Data Object has been clearly defined can an assessment of the Preservation Description Information be made. The Preservation Description Information applies to the Content Data Object and is needed to preserve the Content Data Object, to ensure it is clearly identified, and to understand the environment in which the Content Data Object was created… Your comment was :The previous sentence relates the Content Information to the PDI. All of the references to CDO in this paragraph should be changed to CI. ??? However this would contradict previous decisions to refer to CDO so I don’t believe that this should be accepted. So I think we are good to go. Regards ..David From: MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> On Behalf Of Mark ConradSent: 20 September 2019 21:28To: MOIMS-Data Archive Ingestion <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>Subject: [Moims-dai] Review of Latest version of OAIS Hi, I have completed my review. I only have a few comments. I have tagged my comments with ??? Mark ConradNARA Information ServicesSystems Engineering Division (IT)The National Archives and Records AdministrationErma Ora Byrd Conference and Learning CenterBuilding 494, Room 225610 State Route 956Rocket Center, WV  26726Phone: 304-726-7820Fax: 304-726-7802Email: mark.conrad at nara.gov _______________________________________________
MOIMS-DAI mailing list
MOIMS-DAI at mailman.ccsds.org