[Moims-dai] FW: [EXTERNAL] Status of SEA documents with (over)due date for action.

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 11 18:00:04 UTC 2019

Dear David & DAI,

In the following list there is an information architecture document (highlighted) that was created by an earlier SEA Information Systems Architecture (ISA) WG that produced this and then was disbanded.  I believe that the document is still of value and that we could just re-affirm it with little effort.  But I want to ask you to look at the document and see if you concur.

I am specifically asking the MOIMS DAI WG if this is something that you would accept into your program of work since you are also working on topics that include information architecture.  I suspect that there may be value in this for the work you are currently doing.

I believe that the body of materials covered in this existing Green Book is entirely suitable for inclusion in the ASL document we are now editing in the SEA SAWG.  It covers information models (Information Viewpoint) and also abstract definitions for registries and repositories (Functional and Services Viewpoints).  Since these are abstract services there are no protocol aspects.

Please take a look at this document and let me know what you think.  Is it of value to DIA and would you want to “own” it at this point?  If it were just re-confirmed in the SEA SA would you find it of value?

Thanks, Peter