[Moims-dai] [ISO-PTAB] Fwd: Article on impact of OAIS' Designated Community term

Mark Conrad mark.conrad at nara.gov
Fri Apr 28 19:24:59 UTC 2017

TL: "I'd opine that she isn't challenging the notion of a Designated
Community so much as calling for help in establishing guidance for TDRs to
define their DCs better."

RB: "The findings in this paper support the author’s contention that*
alternative digital preservation models and metrics are necessary within
cultural heritage institutions,* like libraries and museums, to meet the
professional standards of practice in those areas and to ensure the
inclusion of broad populations within the user bases of digital
repositories." (emphasis added)

TL: "It sounds like Mark thinks she's discarding DCs."

No. I think she is advocating discarding OAIS.

Mark

Mark Conrad
NARA Information Services
IAS
The National Archives and Records Administration
Erma Ora Byrd Conference and Learning Center
Building 494, Room 225
610 State Route 956
Rocket Center, WV  26726

Phone: 304-726-7820