[Moims-dai] MOIMS System Architecture View

John Garrett garrett at his.com
Tue Oct 4 07:23:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’ve started to look at how we can address the needs of a LT Archive in the services matrix.  I think a LT Archive will need a lot services that mirror service that Spacecraft Monitor and Control have defined for interacting with spacecraft.  We won’t need Navigation type services, but we will need a lot of Planning services, File Store Services, Configuration Services, etc., etc.  Actually we need those things more in most LT Archives because instead of a handful of experiments on a spacecraft, most Archives support hundreds of experiment data collections.  Archives deal with much larger set of and more diverse set of Providers/Consumers.  Archives must deal with changing Knowledge Base of Designated Community.  Archives expect to be operational for much longer than any spacecraft mission.

I’m sure this doesn’t all hold together, but I started to take the current services and identify where we could provide equivalent services for the LT Archives.  I’ve added rows to the services table starting on pg. 25.  I’m sure this doesn’t hold together, but it should give an indication of what is needed.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Wishing you prosperity and peace,

-JOhn