[Moims-dai] MOIMS DAI call - and dial-in number

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Tue Jan 5 07:52:51 UTC 2016

Dear all

Since some people cannot use Skype, and in any case we have had problems in
the past,  I suggest we try FreeConferenceCall

At the time of the call - 3pm UK time - please call

UK:        +44 (0) 330 606 0182

USA:      (641) 715-3810

France +33 (0) 7 55 50 04 14

For other numbers see
https://www.freeconferencecall.com/free-international-conference-call/intern
ationalphonenumbers.aspx

Participant Access Code:        396476#

Mark sent around notes from the last meeting:

Today's meeting was held via Skype - both audio and chat. Here is the edited
text of the chat from the meeting:

Most of the conversation was about how the document had come to be in its
present form. David and John provided some background and context.

David Giaretta: Suggested Change - Figure 5-1 below describes the set of
topics and sub-topics at each of the lifecycle stages and suggests the
likely status of information capture for each of these.

David Giaretta: Action: Make sure the name of the document is consistent
with "framework"

David Giaretta: Action: clarify why we need another lifecycle

David Giaretta: "The purpose of this recommendation is to provide a standard
method structured as a complete process to formally define the steps and
associated activities required to preserve digital information objects. The
process thus defined along with the activities, is linked with the data
lifecycle. This activity will work to standardize materials fed into the
process by the EU Project - Long Term Digital Preservation (for Earth
Science Data). It is likely that participants in EU Project will also
participate in the CCSDS efforts on behalf of their Agencies."

Terry Longstreth: http://www.incose.org/ProductsPublications/sehandbook

Terry Longstreth: Perhaps show how Data or info lifecycle management
intersects with Systems Engineering lifecycle

David Giaretta: We may want to consider other free or low cost conferencing
software (e.g., freeconferencecall.com <http://freeconferencecall.com>
uberconference).

David Giaretta: Action: Mark/Terry/Don - suggestions particularly for
Purpose and Rationale

David Giaretta: Next meeting on 5th Jan

John circulated the latest draft of the document:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2m6jdjuskzsm5u/6NNxN-M-0x6-ILF-20151212.docx?dl=0

As discussed at the last meeting the action was to review the Purpose and
Rationale sections - does it describe a document which people will think
will be useful? If not, how could it be improved, bearing in mind that if we
expand the scope then there is a danger that we will not be able to produce
such a document within the resources and time available and we may get
hundreds of RIDS in the review process.

Regards