[Moims-dai] FW: Request for response.

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Mon Feb 8 16:06:16 UTC 2016

From: Mario.Merri at esa.int [mailto:Mario.Merri at esa.int]
Sent: 08 February 2016 14:52
To: david at giaretta.org; John Garrett <garrett at his.com>
Subject: RE: Request for response.

Another piece of info.

__Mario
----- Forwarded by Mario Merri/esoc/ESA on 08/02/2016 15:51 -----

From:        "Nick Tongson" <NickT at aiaa.org <mailto:NickT at aiaa.org> >
To:        "Eduardo W. Bergamini" <e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
<mailto:e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br> >, "Mario Merri, Dr. - CCSDS CESG MOIMS AD
- ESOC/ESA" <Mario.Merri at esa.int <mailto:Mario.Merri at esa.int> >
Cc:        "James Afarin, Dr. - Secretary to CCSDS & CMC/CCSDS Ch. & Secr.
to ISO TC20/SC13" <James.Afarin at nasa.gov <mailto:James.Afarin at nasa.gov> >,
"Nestor Peccia, Dr. - Director CESG/CCSDS - ESOC/ESA" <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
<mailto:Nestor.Peccia at esa.int> >
Date:        08/02/2016 15:34

  _____

Hello Eduardo,

Just a reminder that the letter has two parts. The first part is the
designation by ISO/TC46/SC4 of two observers or liaison representatives from
their side (one is the Chairman of TC46/SC4 and the other an expert). In
accordance with ISO Directives, no decision is needed - we are obligated to
add them. Indeed, they have already been added by ISO Central Secretariat.

The second part is their willingness to welcome an observer or liaison
representative from our side (SC13). This is where Mario and David Giaretta
(MOIMS-DAI WG) come in. However, this is not required. It is up to
SC13/CCSDS if we want to reciprocate and also designate an observer
(TC46/SC4 is also obligated to accept SC13's designation).

Regards,

Nick

Nick Tongson
Director - Standards
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics   <http://www.aiaa.org/>
www.aiaa.org
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191-5807
800-639-AIAA (2422)
 <mailto:nickt at aiaa.org> nickt at aiaa.org 703.264.7515 (direct)

AIAA is co-chairing Engineers Week 2016 with The Boeing Company and SAE
International.  <http://www.aiaa.org/engineersweek/> Celebrate February
21-27!
 <http://www.discovere.org/our-programs/engineers-week> Engineers Make A
World Of Difference while Shaping the Future of Aerospace!

 <https://www.facebook.com/AIAAfan>  <http://www.twitter.com/#!/aiaa>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aiaa>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQUxcIsXCZuwCa34u1J5COw>
<https://instagram.com/aiaaerospace>