[Moims-dai] RE: DEDSL for review

Boucon Daniele Daniele.Boucon at cnes.fr
Mon Oct 26 13:57:58 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

Please find  in this email the answers to your 3 points below (prepared with Beatrice):

1.	The DEDSL abstract syntax is already a data description language and a data entity dictionary specification language.
According to the CCSDS recommendation, "the representational attributes describe interpretational aspects of data or dictionary entities".
Therefore, it possible (but not mandatory) to describe data structure with DEDSL.
DEDSL abstract syntax is nevertheless not as rich as most data description languages : arrays can only have one dimension (if you want to describe a two dimension array, you have to define the array as the repetition of lines, each line being the repetition of elementary items).

2.	"A_" or "_TYPE" is just a naming convention used in the XML schema. It has no effect on data dictionaries. At CNES, we use the "A_" convention to define types. But we can change the proposed DEDSL implementation if another convention is largely preferred.

3.	We already had a look at the ISO11179. It is a good idea to merge the two standards in the future. For now, we focus on defining a backward compatible standard.

Regards,

Daniele