[Moims-dai] Minutes of 4th June CCSDS ILF telecon

Boucon Daniele Daniele.Boucon at cnes.fr
Mon Jun 8 14:48:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Please find below the minutes of last Thursday telecon. Feel free to correct or complete.

Next telecons:

1. CHANGE in date: Friday 12th June instead of 11th (15 EU time, 9h US time-Washington): dedicated to PAIS (Core GB)
 To share screen:
        https://webconference.cnes.fr/ccsds_12_june/

2. Thursday 2nd July (15h EU time, 9h US time-Washington): dedicated to ILF
To share screen:
        https://webconference.cnes.fr/ccsds_2_july/

If available, proposal to use Dave's new number for the sound:
Dave Williams
Telecon information
+1-844-467-6272      USA Toll Free
+1-720-259-6462      Others
Passcode:    841727

Best regards,

Daniele
4th June meeting minutes

DB: Daniele Boucon
DG: David Giaretta
DS: Don Sawyer
EC: Esther Conway
JG: John Garrett
MA : Mirko Albani
MM: Mike Martin
RD: Robert Downs
SH : Steve Hughes
SM: Stephane Mbaye
SR: Stephane Reecht
BC: Bertrand Caron
PT: Jean-Philippe Tramoni
WG: all

D=Decision, A=action (other = discussion)

Note: the historical minutes have been suppressed because already included in my email 25th March for the GB part, and I'm not sure it's necessary to keep now the general comments on ICP following all our previous discussions.

Participants: DB, JG, MM, DS, DG

2.      1 Information Lifecycle Framework (ILF)

MM: issue of scope. Mapping with LTDP document still to be done, although most of LTDP material is covered by PAIS and PAIMAS.

DG: at least, we have to make sure that the identified information and deliverable are actually collected: need to identify which one, when, how. Concerning the LTDP material, an annex could contain the mapping with it. The normative part of the document should not be to EO specific.

Decision-> LTDP mapping in an annex.

DG: be careful between "project lifecycle" and "information lifecycle".  This project should identify what is useful to be said, particularly the content of a Data Management Plan. =>key things.

JG: pretty simple framework + layers associated to each of MM key topics.

DG: "roadmap"

MM: framework describing an end to end cycle. Similarity with NASA roadmap. Level of details such as in the LTDP common guidelines?

DB: agreement on the scope from the beginning. Relationships with LTDP material still to be done. Now, we have to focus on a high level description of each stages. The difficulty is the level of details that could be provided.

DG: the ILF implementation phase has no link with LTDP.

=> A=>(DG): write an example of what could be included in a Data Management Plan.

=> A=>(DB): transfer the new version of the LTDP preservation workflow to the group ->CLOSED.

=> A=>(JG): complete the standard document with the draft ILF description (mix between  JG and MM's versions).

Actions review
Please send to JG updates in actions.
Updated actions will be sent separately by JG.

End of 4th June meeting minutes