[Moims-dai] RE: ILF Project Description material into CCSDS Magenta Book format

david.giaretta at stfc.ac.uk david.giaretta at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 07:59:09 UTC 2015

Thanks John - a good start.

..David

From: John Garrett [mailto:garrett at his.com]
Sent: 04 June 2015 05:15
To: 'MOIMS DAI List'
Cc: 'Boucon Daniele'; 'Mike Martin'; Sawyer at acm.org; 'Robert R Downs'; Conway, Esther (STFC,RAL,RALSP); Giaretta, David (STFC,RAL,RALSP)
Subject: ILF Project Description material into CCSDS Magenta Book format

Hi,

In accordance with another action item from the last meeting - JGG initiate a standard document. - I've moved material from the ILF document as it existed at the last meeting into the required CCSDS Magenta Book template.  I've also pulled some terminology sections from OAIS and PAIMAS into it for easy reference.  We would want to use the existing CCSDS definitions if possible.  We probably won't want to use most of them in this document, but they are there for easy reference if we start to use those terms.   We may also want to try to use LTDP terms if a CCSDS term is not already defined for a term we want to use in a specific way, e.g. Preserved Data Set Content.

This document is only a very rough start.  I expect to continue to update it following today's telecon.  But people can at least start to see what the required format is.

Live, Laugh, Love, and Work for Peace,
-JOhn