[Css-rasg] Re: RASIG/SM+C Overlap Telecon #1 Notes

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Fri Sep 24 00:30:56 EDT 2010

My comments:

Rec. ID 1
I believe we agreed that on one hand CCSDS has "domain-specific"
terminology (e.g. telemetry, return services) which must be preserved. On
the other hand, when the terminology overlaps with more generic domains
(e.g. services) where the industry standards are worldwide consolidated,
we should give preference the these in order to make the CCSDS
specifications clearer and unambiguous. We also agreed that the revamping
of CCSDS glossary is a very much needed activity which should provide a
set of unambiguous terms that are used across CCSDS specs and that should
be maintained under configuration control. Clearly, we are not there yet
and a, once the glossary will be available, a long-term plan should be
made so that all specs could be migrated to use consistent terminology.

Rec. ID 2
I know that we have not discussed at the telecon, but it would be nice to
time-frame the agreed exercise to test MAL as a re-factoring technology
for SM.

Ciao

__Mario

From:
"Barkley, Erik J (317H)" <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>
To:
"'Mario.Merri at esa.int'" <Mario.Merri at esa.int>, "Shames, Peter M (313B)"
<peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, "Sam.Cooper at scisys.co.uk"
<Sam.Cooper at scisys.co.uk>, "Leo.Hartman at asc-csa.gc.ca"
<Leo.Hartman at asc-csa.gc.ca>
Cc:
CCSDS RA SIG <CSS-RASG at mailman.ccsds.org>, "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int"
<Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>, "'Colin.Haddow at esa.int'" <Colin.Haddow at esa.int>,
"roger.thompson at scisys.co.uk" <roger.thompson at scisys.co.uk>
Date:
24/09/2010 02:21
Subject:
RASIG/SM+C Overlap Telecon #1 Notes

CCSDS Colleagues,

Following is a brief summary with regard to our teleconference on
Wednesday, 22 September 2010.  The bulk of the teleconference conclusions
have been captured in the summaries on the Excel spreadsheet (under the
column "draft conclusions"). Obviously this is just my take so please
provide corrections as you deem necessary.

Best regards,

-Erik

---Telecon Summary---

Attendees:  S. Cooper, M. Merri, L. Hartman, P. Shames, E. Barkley

Topics discussed:
                Overlaps and SEA AD Recommendations -- see updated
spreadsheet
                ExoMars Architecture ? key personnel not available for
update
                Telecon Schedule prior to London ? two more telecons to be
arranged (done)
                London face-to-face meeting ? agreed to meeting Tue AM the
week of the meetings

 [attachment "d1-SMC-OverlapSolutions-23-Sep-2010.xls" deleted by Mario
Merri/esoc/ESA]