[Css-rasg] Notes from Telecon today (10 Dec 2009)

Barkley, Erik J (317H) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 10 20:44:41 EST 2009

CCSDS RA BOF Colleagues,

Thank you all very much for attending the initial telecon today. Below are the notes and action items that I captured at the telecon. Please provide any corrections, indication of omissions, etc. that you think are appropriate.  The action items have also been captured in a spreadsheet and uploaded to the CWE (CWE Private --> Action Items).

With regard to the native Mindjet file and the XML version both of those have been uploaded to the CWE under the Agency Inputs folder, NASA inputs.  Also, I have initiated contact with Dan who is leading the effort for the SOA for space concept paper and plan to speak with him more about this in the near future.

In closing, a quick request: please let me know if you see any issues with advertising to CESG/CMC that the scenario identification and recommendations list will be available by late January; I hope we can finalize this at the 20 January 2010 telecon.

Best regards,

-Erik

----Telecon Notes---

Attendees:

E. Barkley
N. Champsavoir
Y. Doat
S. Gully
L. Hartman
P. Melanson

Agenda:

*         Brief review of BOF formation material
*         Plan re near-term deliverables
*         Brief review of various internal agency efforts re CCSDS RA to date
*         Tools/techniques re development of the concept paper
*         Concerns/issues that BOF members may have

Review of Agency Inputs

·         NASA Scenario Inputs: Low Earth Orbit/Earth Observation robotic need to be better represented
·         Some summary information re classification/taxonomic indices should be stated
·         All agency participants agreed to provide inputs re agency scenarios by end of year

Recommendations List
·         Agreed to develop a sample diagram showing a relationship/overlaps among a representative set of the recommendations as part of the concept paper

Enterprise Model/View

·         Agreed to develop a sample enterprise diagram/sketch from a CNES perspective

Concept Paper Development

·         Agreed to develop draft table of contents for concept paper

·         C.P. development needs to be coordinated with SOA for Space activity that D. Crichton is leading; concept papers need to complement each other with Ref Arch, indicating where "SOA for Space" fits

Comments/Concerns Discussion

·         Lack of extensibility re CCSDS recommendations noted; presumably the reference architecture will help to inform recommendation developments in this regard

·         Scope of concept paper re adjustment and fit of WGs:  agreed that this effort would focus on concept re development of a CCSDS-wide reference architecture and leave the question of working group (re-)organization/re-programming as a subsequent matter for CESG + CMC.

Next Telecon

Actions Items:

AI #

Status

AI

Assignee

Assigned Date

Due Date

AI Response (if applicable)

001

Open

Supply a couple of summary sentences re taxonomic/major branches in NASA scenarios inputs

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

002

Open

Provide CNES agency scenario inputs

N. Champsavoir

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

003

Open

Provide CSA agency scenario inputs

L. Hartman

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

004

Open

Provide DLR agency scenario inputs

S. Gully

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

005

Open

Provide ESA agency scenario inputs

Y. Doat

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

006

Open

Provide updates on NASA agency scenario inputs

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

007

Open

Produce an example UML (probably class diagram) showing a sample of relationships between CCSDS recommendations

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

13-Jan-10

008

Closed

Send out "native" .mmap + xml file for use in capturing  scenario identification information

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

10-Dec-09

Uploaded to CWE (under ActionItems folder)

009

Open

Develop and circulate preliminary draft enterprise model sketch for CNES

N. Champsavoir

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

010

Open

Develop draft TOC for concept paper

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

18-Dec-09

011

Open

Contact D. Crichton re coordination of SOA-for-space concept paper development

E. Barkley

10-Dec-09

14-Dec-09

Contact initiated; more information will be supplied.