[Css-dts] Re: [Smwg] SICF parameters

Wolfgang.Hell at esa.int Wolfgang.Hell at esa.int
Mon Mar 14 06:05:26 EST 2005

Paula,

Please disregard that parameter. It is there for historic reasons, but not
needed. The only justification for this parameter still being there is that
we have implementations that work correctly. The effort of changing the
syntax and as a consequence all applications that were built on the basis of
that syntax appears too high if it is only  for removing this superfluous
parameter. With ROCF and FSP now defined, at some point in time we need to
extend the SICF syntax to cover these services as well. That should also
offer then the chance to remove the maximum cltu delay parameter.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

                      Paula Quintela
                      <Paula.Quintela at veg         To:      css-dts at mailman.ccsds.org
                      a.co.uk>                    cc:      "CCSDS Service Mgmt WG (E-mail)" <smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>
                      Sent by:                    Subject: [Smwg] SICF parameters
                      smwg-bounces at mailma
                      n.ccsds.org

                      14/03/2005 11:13

Members of the DTSWG,

In the Service Instance Configuration Files (SICFs) used in both ESA's and
JPL's implementation of the SLE API, there is a parameter named
"maximum-cltu-delay", defined as

"maximum-cltu-delay. For a CLTU service instance, specifies the maximum delay
that the user may specify when transferring a CLTU to a particular service
instance"

At the moment, we do not have an equivalent parameter in SLE SM. We have a
parameter for specifying the "minimum-cltu-delay" only, which we have defined
as the minimum allowed value for the parameter "delay-time" in the
CLTU-TRANSFER-DATA operation.

Could you please confirm that the parameter "maximum-cltu-delay" is actually
necessary for service instance configuration and, if so, confirm its meaning.
We will then add it to the SLE SM spec.

Many thanks,

kind regards,

Paula.