[Css-csts] Update to Tier-1 frm file not necessary

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Thu Feb 18 07:29:11 UTC 2021

Dear John,
Thank you very much for checking. I will then send to SANA the Tier 1 file
as uploaded by Wolfgang to the CWE.

Best regards,
Holger

From:   "John Pietras" <john.pietras at gst.com>
To:     "CCSDS_CSTSWG (css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org)"
<css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>, "Wolfgang Hell" <wo_._he at t-online.de>
Date:   17/02/2021 20:56
Subject:        [Css-csts] Update to Tier-1 frm file not necessary
Sent by:        "CSS-CSTS" <css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

CSTSWG colleagues ---
At today’s telecon, I mentioned that I thought that I needed to update the
Tier-1 TdmSegmetnGen FR to include some data that was accidentally
omitted. That data was the specification of the antenna pointing angle
type. However, Wolfgang has written the Antenna FR and
NonValRmDataCollection FR definitions such that only AZEL angles are
reported by the Antenna FR and in the non-validated TDM files. To be
consistent with that approach, the TdmSegmetnGen FR can also “assume” that
the ANGLE_TYPE is always AZEL and therefore does not need to be added as a
configuration parameter. To accompany this, I will change the
corresponding section of the FRM MB to state that the ANGlE_TYPE keyword
has a fixed value of “AZEL”.

Holger – you can send Wolfgang’s most-recent Tier-1 .frm file to SANA – I
will not be making any updates to it after all.

Best regards,
John