[Css-csts] Forward Frame Red-2 and RID resolutions on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Jun 10 21:22:39 UTC 2019

CSTSWG colleagues ---
I have uploaded a zip file - ForwardFrame-CSTS-922x3r2-with_RID_resolutions-190610.zip - to the CWE at URL
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/Forward%20Frame%20CSTS/ForwardFrame-CSTS-922x3r2-with_RID_resolutions-190610.zip

The zip file contains two documents:

1.        The version Red-2 (which we are proposing to be turned directly into Blue-1) Forward Frame service specification. This version contains all resolutions to the RIDs and pseudo RIDs on Red Book 1. The file has all changes marked and flagged with comments identifying the source RID/pseudo RID for each change. (Once the changes have been approved by the WG the comments will of course be removed).

2.       The collection of RID/pseudo RID forms for the 9 RIDs (6 ESA, 3 NASA) and 7 pseudo RIDs (all NASA). The resolutions of the six ESA RIDs have been reviewed by the author of those RIDs and have his concurrence. The ESA RIDs are CLOSED.

The resolutions of the 3 NASA RIDs and 6 of the 7 pseudo RIDs are also CLOSED. The resolution of the remaining pseudo RID - JP-2 - has been implemented in the Red-2 book in a way that differs from that discussed and agreed by the CSTSWG at the spring 2019 Workshop. The reasons for the variance are described under the Disposition of JP-2. If we need to discuss the modified way that I have implemented the resolution of JP-2, I propose that we discuss it by email and/or at the 9 July CSTSWG telecon. Hopefully the WG will be able to concur on the final resolution of JP-2 no later than the 9 July telecon so that JP-2 can also be closed.

Best regards,
John