[Css-csts] FW: CMC - SANA Registry Action

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Oct 11 14:04:32 UTC 2018

Dear Miyano-san,
Thank you for providing this information regarding the CMC's review to the "CSTS" OID subtree.

A problem was flagged in June that the so-called CSTS OID subtree that is currently in SANA is wrong with respect to the subtree as defined in the CSTS Specification Framework. E.g., the OID for the CSTS subtree is actually 1.3.112.4.4.1  (where 1.3.112.4.4 is the OID of the CSS subtree), and this discrepancy cascades through the subsequent subtrees. Also, other than the modules subtree under framework, the subtrees listed under framework and services are incorrect.

A proposal has been made to fix the SANA Registry, and I assume that that will be the topic of the SANA Registry CSTS -Cross Support Services OID Subtree session scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

Fortunately, with respect to the CMC, the changes that must be made are "below the radar" of CMC, which presumably was polled on this topic in regard to what kind of technical capabilities (e.g., services and protocols)  CCSDS should be developing. Any corrections that we make to the SANA CSS/CSTS subtree should not affect the CMC's "no comments" on the topic.

Best regards,
John