[Css-csts] tracking data recording buffer retention issues

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Tue Mar 1 10:10:49 UTC 2016

Dear John,
We can certainly bring this point to discussion in the next WG Telecon on
Thursday.
My first thought is that, whenever something gets handled by Service
Management, it becomes rather ?static?. This approach should be taken for
any characteristics of a service that holds for the whole mission.
Assume the parameter ?minimum retention period? gets assigned by SM to the
TD CSTS Service Instance.  In case a User needs to change that value the
only way out is to disconnect from the presently active Service Instance,
create a new SI with the desired value, activate the SI,  and connect to
it.
If instead one envisages a more dynamic behaviour, it would be preferable
to leave the handling of the parameters to the Service itself ( e.g. the
value  can be queried and can be configured by means of a directive).
The next point I have is: shall a Provider (typically a Ground Station)
manage one such buffer per each supported mission, and shall therefore
foresee that set of parameter for each buffer, or will there be a unique
buffer?
Are the above issues something we should address with the NAV experts?
We?ll brainstorm about it at the telecom.
Kind regards,
Margherita
Margherita di Giulio
Ground Station Back-end Section (HSO-GIB)

European Space Agency ESA/ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49-6151-902779