[Css-csts] Results of the SLE Pink Books Agency Review

Wolfgang Hell Wolfgang_._Hell at t-online.de
Mon Oct 26 15:58:51 UTC 2015

Dear CSTS WG Menbers,

I have almost completed the updates of the SLE Pink Books as resulting
from the Agency Review and you are invited to have a look at the draft
RID dispositions as well as at the SLE Books updated in accordance with
these dispositions. To that end I have uploaded to
Cross Support Services Area (CSS) <http://cwe.ccsds.org/css>> Documents
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
CSS-CSTS
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
CWE Private
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS%2FCWE%20Private&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
SLE Services
the following documents:
1. the to become blue SLE Recommended Standards:
      911x1b4_WH
      911x2b3_WH
      911x5b3_WH
      912x1b4_WH
      912x3b3_WH
2. the draft RID dispositions:
     Draft Disposition of RAF Pink 3.1 RIDs
     Draft Disposition of RCF Pink 2.1 RIDs
     Draft Disposition of ROCF Pink 2.1 RIDs
     Draft Disposition of F-CLTU Pink 3.1 RIDs
     Draft Disposition of FSP Pink 2.1 RIDs
3. An updated text file with the RCF ASN.1 modules, because in the RCF
Pink Book some updates of one of the common ASN.1 modules were missing:
     RCF ASN1

I stated above that the updates are almost complete because most likely
the discussion with SLS experts will result in some RAF modifications in
terms of what is to be delivered for which frame encoding in case the
frame is found to be erred. That discussion will take place during the
forthcoming Fall Meeting.

When you open the to become Blue Books with the markups being displayed,
you will notice that there are far more changes than those triggered by
the Pink Book Agency Review. Don't worry! These changes have no
technical substance, but fix numerous issues in terms of inconsistent or
even incorrect formatting, incorrectly or not applied styles and so on.
When preparing the Pink Books I did not pay much attention to these
aspects because I had heard stories about Tom Gannet's "magic" macros
that will do the job. I should have verified with Tom at that time. I
hope that now I have found and corrected at least most of these
editorial issues.

Best regards,
Wolfgang