[Css-csts] Updated MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Nov 24 19:26:13 UTC 2015

CSTSWG colleagues ---
I have uploaded a new draft of the MD-CSTS book to the CWE > Cross Support Services Area (CSS)<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css> > Documents<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > CSS-CSTS<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > CWE Private<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS%2FCWE%20Private&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > 2 - MD CSTS RED-1 Review material folder at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/2%20-%20MD%20CSTS%20RED-1%20Review%20material/MD-CSTS-922x1r1_5.zip

This is a zipped folder that contains 2 documents. The first is the updated MD-CSTS Word document. The updates are:

-          Errors in the ASN.1 modules have been fixed. These errors were exposed in prototyping of the service.

-          The distinctions between procedure configuration parameters and service management parameters have been cleaned up in alignment with the discussion in Darmstadt and the forthcoming changes in the SFW. The terms "procedure configuration parameter" and "service management parameter" have been added to the list of terms defined in the SFW in section 1.7.1.

-          Section 1.5, Document Organization, has been updated to align with the content of the document.

The second document in the zipped folder is a .txt version of the ASN.1 modules. Hopefully this txt version has been stripped of Word artifacts and is suitable for direct compilation by an ASN.1 compiler. Francois - please let me know if there are any lingering problems with the ASN.1.

The final reference to the SAN registry still needs to be added. Also, once the SFW has been sent to the Secretariat, a final pass through the cross references to the CSTS SFW in Annex I will be necessary to confirm that all of the cross references are still correct after changes in the SFW since this past summer.

Best regards,
John