[Css-csts] Hello from Tim

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 10 18:41:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’m sorry to not be in Darmstadt this week., and hope things are going well.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can contribute from here in my office near Washington, D.C.

Also, an update: the work on a busy flight project will soon be wrapping up, and I will FINALLY get a chance to devote time to prototyping of the Tracking Data service!

>From my point-of-view, the biggest hurdle for inter-operability testing of the Tracking Data service prototypes will probably be getting a ‘network’ for them to speak over.  Getting a firewall opening from my office is a nightmare.  I am hoping that Bert Golden will come to the rescue by supplying a testbed where the two prototypes can be run in the same room.  Hopefully, you have discussed that possibility.  Please let me know if that looks to be feasible.

By the way, back when travel money was being planned (months ago), it seemed sensible to allocate the (tight) funding to someone else (who would not be retiring early next year), and have me concentrate on wrapping up the flight project work and getting on to CSTS prototyping.  What I didn’t consider at that time was that there would not be a chance to say a proper ‘goodbye’ to all of you.  I wish that I could be there this week to say a proper goodbye and express my appreciation for having the opportunity to work with all of you.  And one more ‘Area dinner’ would be very nice. :)     I hope you are productive and get in some enjoyment this week!

Kind regards,
Tim