[Css-csts] CSTS WG - Draft Minutes of Pasadena meetings

Zoller, David A. (MSFC-EO50)[HOSC SERVICES CONTRACT] david.a.zoller at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 31 23:00:59 UTC 2015

Dear Margherita, Tim and all,
Please find attached the test results from Pasadena. The testing went well with a few issues identified that we believe are implementation issues and not specification issues. I have done some research since returning home and have summarized my findings below for the failure conditions. Hopefully, we can correct these issues and arrange to retest them remotely.

I added a section 1.1 Preliminary Testing Comments to detail the issues discovered in the preliminary testing.

The 4 tests which had failure conditions are in red in the document and a summary follows:

3.8 COMPLETE MODE - SERVICE INTERRUPTION NOTIFICATION
* The Provider prototype failed to send an 'operational' notification in step h) when production was re-started
** An error was found in the Provider prototype source code

4.8 PROCESS-DATA INVOCATION RECEIVED WHILE INTERRUPTED
** Test procedure was incorrect. The intent was for the Provider to generate a negative return indicating 'unable to comply' which happens when the User issues a START Invocation while production is interrupted. The test procedure incorrectly had the negative return associated with the PROCESS-DATA Invocation.

4.11 CLEAR LOCKED STATE WITH RESET EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE
* User prototype timed out waiting for the Reset Execute-Directive Acknowledgement or Return?.
** Additional testing with the Provider Prototype indicates that the Execute-Directive Acknowledgement does get sent properly. Did the User prototype time out waiting for the Acknowledgement or the Return? There should not be a time limit on the Return.

4.15 DATA UNIT ID WRAP AROUND
* User prototype sent large Data Unit ID as a negative number     (the ASN.1 issue that Tim mentioned)
** An error was found in the User prototype source code

Best regards,
DZ

David Zoller
COLSA Corporation