[Css-csts] updated MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Jul 8 14:15:16 UTC 2015

Dear Margherita,
I think that getting the registry established, even though it’s final content is not “perfect”, is an excellent idea.

Regarding the ‘controllable’ field, I suggest that we use the term “configurable” for the field (attribute). “Controllable” has the connotation of real-time control, i.e., being able to be changed during the execution of the service package. All configurable attributes have to be declared by CCSDS (they are what have to be managed in order for the functional resource to operate properly). All configurable parameters are also candidates for being controllable, but each Agency/Complex/Provider CSSS will have to decide which subset of those configurable parameters (if any)  it actually allows to be changed during service package execution (or as part of an Event Sequence).

As far as the future Service Control CSTS is concerned, all configurable parameters will be potentially changeable, but if an Agency/Complex/Provider CSSS does not support real-time control of a given parameter an EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE invocation to change the value of that parameter would fail with an ‘invalid Functional Resource parameter’ diagnostic.

Best regards,
John