[Css-csts] CSTS services and IOAG service catalog assessements

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 7 07:05:47 EDT 2014

Margherita,

At the CMC/CESG meeting today, the following bullet points were presented re the IOAG services assessment:

Forward File Service

2020

TBC

The exact scope needs to be discussed with IOAG. Closing the loop in the Ground-Stations appears today not to be a desired operational approach (COP-1 & CFDP).

Return File Service

2020

TBC

The exact scope needs to be discussed with IOAG. Closing the loop in the Ground-Stations appears today not to be a desired operational approach (COP-1 & CFDP).

Return Unframed Telemetry Service

2020

Yes

There is an ANSI standard (ANSI/AIAA S-124-2007) that refines the RAF SLE service. As an ANSI standard exist, IOAG should confirm the needs for a CSTS Service.

With regard to forward and return file service I believe we will need to develop a precise of questions to pose to IOAG.   So we have an action item here.
Also, there was a comment from the DLR CMC representative that COP-1 is closed at the ground station.

With regard to RUFT, I think we what will need to do is have a relatively precise statement of the ANSI standard functionality to help support any decision/analysis with a regard to a CSTS based RUFT vs SLE based RUFT.

Best regards,

-Erik