[Css-csts] RE: prototypes updates

Wickline, Thomas W. (MSFC-EO50)[HOSC SERVICES CONTRACT] thomas.w.wickline at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 4 10:14:55 EDT 2013

I've asked David Zoller to give me a summary of where we are on the CSTS Forward Link Provider Prototype.  He needs about 40 hours of continuous work to complete the prototype as far as he can go until we receive the work group's final ASN.1 definitions.  David believes he can get the time he needs to finish this effort within the next month.

·         Implemented the Transport Mapping Layer of the prototype

o   Handles the socket I/O and heartbeat type functionality

·         Implemented ASN.1 decoding and encoding using the SLE eFCLTU (Orange book) definitions while waiting for the definitions for the prototype to be completed.

o   Successfully serves as a provider for the enhanced Functionally Distributed Processor (eFDP - MSFC device currently used for mission support) sleutil user/client utility

·         Using the OSS Nokalva ASN.1 compiler for developing the prototype

Tom Wickline
COLSA Corporation
Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC)
Huntsville Operations Support Center (HOSC)
Systems Engineering Team Lead
(256) 544-7657

From: css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org [mailto:css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Lassere Francois
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:50 AM
To: Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Cc: css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: [Css-csts] prototypes updates

Dear Margherita,

At the Bordeaux meetings I had presented the status of prototypes for the framework and the provider part of the MD service :

(MoM of Bordeaux meeting : The development has to split into two parts (budget). First phase will update the framework and the provider part of the MD service(s). A second phase could provide (budget unclear) the MMI, which is necessary to perform the actual validation and if necessary, final updates.
In the worst case this will delay the implementation by a couple of month until budget is available at the beginning of 2014.)
Today I can tell you that we have got budget to do all the work this year, so the work final updates will begin by september/october and will be completed by end of 2013. So far I think that the last version provided by Yves is the June version, if no more modifications have been done we will work with this version.

Best regards.

François