[Css-csts] Updated draft MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Sep 3 17:08:30 EDT 2013

CSTSWG colleagues ---
The CSTS miniWG meeting on 28 August addressed (among other things) two questions that I had raised in an email on 19 August: (1) whether it should be possible to put multiple Functional Resource Names and/or Functional Resource Types in the list-of-parameters and list-on-events parameters, and (2) what is the intended meaning of the max number of parameters (Cyclic Report START), max number of events (NOTIFY), and max number of gettable parameters (GET) configuration parameters.
Regarding the possibility of putting multiple Functional Resource Names and/or Functional Resource Types in the list-of-parameters and list-on-events parameters, the WG decided to keep the restriction of only one per procedure instance invocation.

Regarding the "max number" configuration parameters, the WG decided that there really was no use for such upper limits (whatever their interpretation might be) and so those configuration parameters are going to be removed from the CSTS SFW.

I have updated the MD-CSTS to reflect these decisions. The latest update also includes corrections of various typographical errors that I saw while making the changes. The update document can be found in a zip file at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/MonitoredDataCSTS_W-0.17.zip

Also included in the zip file is a text file of the ASN.1 object identifiers module. This module is unchanged from the previous version, but I included it for completeness.