[Css-csts] Issues regarding the CLCW - PLOP -production status state tables

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Mar 21 17:14:48 EST 2013

Wolfgang,

I realized after sending the email below that I did not complete one of my comments. It was in response to your comment about checking with SLS on whether our interpretation of either not using the idle sequence of putting the same length sequence before and after the command. My recollection is that we discussed this with Greg Kazz and Ed Greenberg at one of the Colorado Springs meetings, and that they were okay with that interpretation. We can still reconfirm it if you like, but I think that we are on pretty solid ground. And, as you say, PLOP-1 has been deprecated anyway, so they might not care so much in any case.

Regarding your proposed simple solution of re-sweeping prior to every command in PLOP-1 -I don't personally have a problem with it, but we should check with other F-CLTU providers to see if that is consistent with their implementations.

As an aside - this brings up the interesting question of how long do we need to keep PLOP-1 in the F-CLTU book? Can we deprecate it now in the next version of the F-CLTU book, on the theory that an existing PLOP-1 F-CLTU user will continue to use the version of F-CLTU that they are currently using, and which presumably meets their needs? Or do we have to support the notion that an old PLP-1 mission will migrate to later versions of F-CLTU? And if we don't deprecate it now, presumably at some point all PLOP-1 users will cease to be operational. How will we know when that is?  Can/should we somehow address it in the conformance annex?