[Css-csts] common managed parameters in CSTS SFW

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Feb 14 13:16:30 EST 2013

CSTSWG colleagues ---
Following up on last week's discussion about declaring parameters to be managed vs. configured in the CSTS SFW, I have noticed that the second-to-last paragraph in the Association Control Procedure Concept section (4.3.2.2) states: "The setting of the values of the parameters: initiator-identifier, responder-identifier, responder-port-identifier and service-instance-identifier are under the responsibility of the Service Management."

However, these parameters do not appear in the Annex titled Parameter Values to be Specified Outside the Framework. These parameters should be added to annex.

We also discussed whether the SFW should identify whether parameters are managed (i.e., set by Service Management) or simply "configured", with the configuration mechanism deferred to the service/derived procedure. In general I believe that we were leaning toward just declaring parameters as configured. However, in the case of these four parameters,  it seems like they have to be managed. So I think that they should remain "set by Service Management".