[Css-csts] RE: NotificationTypes

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Feb 4 14:29:43 EST 2013

Yves,
I am sorry that I have not been able to respond to your email until now - the GST email server and connectivity to the outside world failed over the weekend and were restored just a short time ago.

I think that your additions are fine, However, I did make a few additional proposals in the email "parameter labels and event labels", (22 January 2013) and included them in the document “921x1r2[Draft 201301] - Return Services-JVP+YD+labels” (http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Framework%20and%20Concept/921x1r2%5BDraft%20201301%5D%20-%20Return%20Services-JVP+YD+labels.doc).
That most-recent version proposed three additional terms: Parameter Label, Event Label, and Directive label. Those names were proposed to be used not only in the (renumbered) annex D but also in the list of additional definitions in 1.6.1.4. For your convenience in reading, here are the additional definitions that I proposed for 1.6.1.4 and the renumbered Annex D:

In 1.6.1.4:
Directive Label: consists of a Directive Identifier that represents an individual directive type, and a Functional Resource Type that represents the Functional Resource Type with which that directive type is associated (see ANNEX D).
Event Label: consists of an Event Identifier that represents an individual event type, and a Functional Resource Type that represents the Functional Resource Type with which that event type is associated (see ANNEX D).
Parameter Label: consists of a Parameter Identifier that represents an individual parameter type, and a Functional Resource Type that represents the Functional Resource Type with which that parameter type is associated (see ANNEX D).

In Annex D:
PARAMETER LABEL   A parameter label shall be composed of a Functional Resource Type published identifier and a Parameter Identifier.
EVENT LABEL               An event label shall be composed of a Functional Resource Type published identifier and an Event Identifier.
DIRECTIVE LABEL       A directive label shall be composed of a Functional Resource Type published identifier and a Directive Identifier.

(Note - as proposed, parameter and event lists would now be defined as lists of parameter labels and event labels, respectively.

As I stated in the email of 22 January (see below), I found a need for the "label" concept while working through the update of the MD-CSTS specification.

The addition of the "label" concept would result in few changes to the material that has already been proposed. However, I realize that it might be too late to make changes to your copy in time to get it posted on the CWE in time for Thursday's CSTSWG telecon. I ask that you and the rest of the CSTSWG think about these proposed changes so that we can discuss them at the Thursday telecon.