[Css-csts] updated MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Apr 25 14:55:13 EDT 2013

CSTSWG colleagues ---
I've just uploaded 2 files to the CWE: the updated (W-0.14) version of the MD-CSTS service specification, at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/MonitoredDataCSTS_W-0.14.doc
and the text-only version of the CCSDS-MONITORED-DATA-OBJECT-IDENTIFERS ASN.1 module from Annex A, at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/MonitoredDataCSTS_W-0_14-ASN1.txt

The changes were primarily the result of decisions made in Bordeaux, although there were a few additional changes to correct outdated references and ease the reading of the document (I hope). The major changes are as follows:
-   Expanded the Operational Scenario to include use of a default list, Info Query, and Production Status change notification for the MD CSTS Provider itself.
-   Changed the Notification procedure to be refined (instead of adopted) and added a Notification procedure section to define the refinement of the Production Status-related events. (Bordeaux decision)
-   Deleted the Monitored Parameters and Notifiable Events section (these will be defined in the SANA registry) (Bordeaux decision).
-   Deleted the MD-CSTS parameter OID assignments from Annex A (this will be done in the SANA registry) (Bordeaux decision).
-   Added tentative identification of the Functional Resource Types, Parameters, and Events that will be included in Annex C. Eventually, Annex C will contain a subset of the SANA registry, but until we know what that will look like it makes little sense for me to try to finish Annex C.
-   Updated informative references.

In Bordeaux, we discussed the case where SANA has registered a parameter (actually, a Parameter Label) that is not supported by a given Complex, and we said that if a user were to request that parameter the MD-CSTS service would deliver it as a qualified parameter with qualifier 'unavailable'. However, upon re-checking the Cyclic Report, Notification, and Information Query procedure specifications, this is *not* what would happen. Instead, the MD-CSTS provider would reject the START or GET because the requested parameter(s)/event(s)/Functional Resource Type(s) is(are) unknown to the provider. The text in the updated MD-CSTS specification describes and is consistent with that behavior.