[Css-csts] inconsistent name for cross support/css node

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Apr 2 09:21:42 EST 2013

Yves,
This is a minor point but it will need to be fixed before the release of the CSTS SFW for Red-2 review. The Object Identifier Tree in Annex C labels the (4) node under ccsds(4) as "cross support", whereas in annexes E and K it is labeled "css". Labeling the node 'cross support in annex C may have been my doing, and if so, please accept my apologies. It is also listed as "cross support" in annex D (again, my doing). Obviously these should all be made the same. I have no strong feelings towards or against any of them.

Also, the Introduction (C1) to annex C states that the annex defines "a) the object identifier tree structure used by the procedures defined in this Recommended Standard", but does not mention that it also defines the tree structure under which functional resource types and their associated parameters, event, and directives are registered. I suggest rewording bullet (a) to read "the object identifier tree structure that is used (1) by the procedures defined in this Recommended Standard and (b) to register functional resource types and their associated parameters, event, and directives."

Finally,  the title of figure C-1 is "CSTS Root Object Identifier Tree", but this is not quite right: it also depicts the crossSupportResources and SLE nodes. The SLE node is probably there because it show the CSTS node in relationship to SLE one, but it might be confusing to the new reader (e.g., it might give the impression that these are the only nodes that have been registered under the CCSDS node). If the SLE node were eliminated from the diagram (it is never actually mentioned in the text) then the diagram would depict only those nodes that are defined in the CSTS SFW. The title of the document would still not be quite right, however. The simplest and most accurate fix would be to change it to "CSTS and Cross Support Resources Root Object Identifier Tree".