[Css-csts] SLE Issues

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Oct 22 14:07:33 EDT 2012

CSTSWG colleagues ---
The difference between the CMM-CLCW state tables that I had developed
and Wolfgang's proposal was that I had neglected to indicate that the
two-way round trip light time should be added to the completion of the
acquisition sequence as the incoming event that triggers the
production-status to transition to 'interrupted'  if the CLCW indicates
no bit lock. I have updated the state tables and uploaded them to the
CWE > Cross Support Services Area (CSS) > Documents > CSS-CSTS > CWE
Private > SLE Services folder at URL

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/SLE%20Services/CMM-
CLCW%20state%20machine-R1.xlsx

I also corrected the column header for CMM-4 for PLOP-2 (it is now just
"CMM-4", since there are no separate preamble/trailer roles for CMM-4 in
PLOP-2).

However, adding the dependency on the round trip light delay raises a
question. Is the FCLTU service (or its associated production process)
expected to "know" the appropriate round-trip light delay, such that it
can know when to use lack of RF availability following uplink sweep and
lack of bit lock following completion of the acquisition sequence to
determine that the production-status should transition to 'interrupted'?
How do the FCLTU implementations handle this - do they automatically
compute the delays, are they somehow "dialed in" by an operator, or is
the user somehow expected to provide durations to be used in the
calculations?

Thanks for any insight/feedback on this question.