[Css-csts] RE: functional resource types for Retrieval Service Package components?

Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de
Mon Aug 6 04:44:36 EDT 2012

Hi John,

Maybe you could clarify that to me -  I do not see maybe the obvious things.
And anyway, I'm also not so deep into CSTS as you.

What is the actual difference between online and offline services? I mean, why should I want to control the on-line stuff, and things which come later (offline) not?
Reason I'm asking is, we have some offline services which produce the service based on some specific information provided to the ground station (or better to say, to the storage). The information is a kind of a request for sending these and that frame range from the data dump id-such-and-such. Does it fall under eventual CSTS in-band monitoring & control? What would be an example of (probably not needed from us) control service on such offline transfer?

Regards
Marcin