[Css-csts] Parameter Names and Published Identifiers

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Tue Nov 15 04:27:41 EST 2011

Dear John,

(Thanks for your comments and I tried to answer rapidly as I have little time
at the moment)

You are right, I wrote the text to define the parameter names and the
parameter list names to be constructed with a functional resource identifier
and a parameter identifier. The two are quite independent as you rightly
state. I do not remember stating that that the parameter list identifier is
constrained by a a single functional resource.
"B2.2 The parameter name shall be defined using two Published Identifiers:
one for the identification of the functional resource and the other to
identify the name of the parameter" I do not see in that that statement the
constraint you mention.
What may be missing in appendix B (around B2.2) are:
1. The statement that the parameter list names follow the same structure as
the parameter name;
2. The parameter identifiers are not constrained by the funcional resource.

The Functional Resource Identifier can be left unused as stated in the ASN.1
and in the note under B2.2: "In case the value of the Functional Resource is
unknown, the structure allows to use a ‘null’ in place of a Published
Identifier."

GET negative return "unknownName" diagnostic.
I changed the ASN.1 to:
ListOfNamesDiagnosticsExt		::= CHOICE
{     unknownNames                  [1]   SEQUENCE
      {                 text        AdditionalText
      ,                 name        ParameterOrListIdentifier
      }
,     maximumNumberExceeded         [2]   SEQUENCE
      {                 text        AdditionalText
      ,                 name        IntPos -- Maximum number supported
      }
,     unknownDefault                [3] AdditionalText
,     extensionDiagnostics          [100] Extended
}

A definition of functional resource is required in the Framework as we use
it.
In your definition of the functional resource type I agree with the first
sentence. However the second sentence introduces some additional notions that
(to my view) are not used in the book. Could we leave out this second
sentence?

Considering that the parameter name and functional resource are not
constrained in the Framework, I do not fully understand your last sentence.
The parameter names are not hard-coded in the Framework.

I look forward to reading your consolidated comments.

Best regards
Yves