[Css-csts] Parameter Names and Published Identifiers - Notification procedure

Barkley, Erik J (317H) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 8 15:24:08 EST 2011

We may wish to consider this from even a bit of a broader perspective.  To me it is not at all inconceivable that situations such as arrayed antenna configurations interacting with multiple simultaneous downlinks in the same frequency band could and will occur.  This may argue for something perhaps even a bit more generic related to the notion of a named service instance (or instances) tying back to the service package identifier.  No doubt there are many facets to this issue (not the least of which is incremental adoption of various bits and pieces of the CSS set of standards).    In any case, perhaps something to further consider -- perhaps it is worthwhile to see what the naming/reporting would look like for a rather complex service configuration.   If there has been a set of use cases drawn up in terms of monitoring/reporting re tracking service configurations etc., I would be interested in taking a look.

Best regards,

-Erik