[Css-csts] Object Identifier and Examples of ServiceSpecifications

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Jun 30 14:28:03 EDT 2010

Yves,

I've come up with some more questions about the OID modules in your
technical note, and in particular the OIDs of the modules. Some of these
questions overlap some of the questions in my previous note.

Your note defines three example modules:

CCSDS-CONCRETEDATAREFINEMENT-OBJECT-IDENTIFIERS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2)

      concreteDataRefinementService (99)

      concreteDataRefinementServiceModules (4)

}

CCSDS-SI-CSTS-OBJECT-IDENTIFIERS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2) siService (999)

      siServiceModules (4) identifiers (1)

}

 and

CCSDS-SI-CSTS-EXTENSIONS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2) siService (999)

      siServiceModules (4) extensions (2)

}

1. I had pointed out in my previous note the dissimilarity between the
first module and the other two, where the first ends with a node of the
form "modules" but the other two have additional nodes ("identifiers"
and "extensions"). For the sake of discussion I'll assume that the form
with the additional nodes is correct. What does a module OID look like
for a derived service? For example, if the SI Super service is derived
from the SI service, would the OBJECT IDENTIFIERS module OID look
something like:

CCSDS-SI-CSTS-OBJECT-IDENTIFIERS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2) siService (999)

      siSuperService (1) siSuperServiceModules (4) identifiers (1)

}

?

2. The names of the "modules" nodes are qualified by the service, but
the "identifiers" and "extensions" are not. Is it okay to have an
"identifiers" node or "extensions"  in each of multiple modules?  If
it's okay to have simple "identifiers" and "extensions" node names,
could we also simplify the concreteDataRefinementServiceModules and
siServiceModules node names to both be simply "modules"? That is:

CCSDS-CONCRETEDATAREFINEMENT-OBJECT-IDENTIFIERS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2)

      concreteDataRefinementService (99)

      modules (4)

}

 and

CCSDS-SI-CSTS-OBJECT-IDENTIFIERS

{     iso identified-organization (3)
standards-producing-organization(112)

      ccsds(4) csts(4)services (2) serviceIdentifiers(2) siService (999)

      modules (4) identifiers (1)

}

Thanks in advance.