[Css-csts] Error in ASN.1 0.22 for time field

Cyril Thomas cyril.thomas at c-s.fr
Tue Aug 3 05:53:40 EDT 2010

CSTSWG colleagues,

Finalizing implementation of Monitored Data Service, I think we found an
error in the ASN1 : the TypeAndValue type is defined as follows :
TypeAndValue                  ::=      CHOICE

{      integer                 [0]      INTEGER

,      intUnsigned             [1]      IntUnsigned

,      duration                [2]      Duration

,      characterString         [3]      VisibleString

,      boolean                 [4]      BOOLEAN

,      octetString             [5]      OCTET STRING

,     float                   [6]      REAL

,     time                    [7]      IntUnsigned

,      enumerated              [8]      IntUnsigned

,      valueExtension          [100]      Extended

}

the "time" choice is currently defined as an "IntUnsigned". I think this
field should be defined as "Time" defined just above in the ASN.1 :
Time                          ::=      CHOICE

{      ccsdsFormatMilliseconds [0]         TimeCCSDSMilli

,      ccsdsFormatPicoseconds  [1]         TimeCCSDSPico

}

TimeCCSDSMilli                      ::=      OCTET STRING (SIZE(8))

TimeCCSDSPico                       ::=      OCTET STRING (SIZE(10))

regards,

Cyril.