[Css-csts] more Framework spec issues (prime)

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 6 10:44:05 EDT 2010

Dear Martin,
I agree with your comments regarding points 2 and 3, but disagree on point 1 (i.e. what is the Provider's response if a User attempts to start a second 'prime' procedure instance?).  You state "If the configuration of a service instance contains more than one prime procedure instance this is a configuration error and the service instance should not even load."     Nothing prevents a buggy implementation from doing things that violate the protocol.   My point is that it is better to define a consistent Provider response, and that requires adding something to our Framework specification.
Best regards,
Tim