[Css-csts] Editorial change to Framework spec

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 30 16:46:22 EDT 2009

Dear Yves,

If, in your judgement, the recommended change is not justified, I will accept that.  However, I do want you to be aware of my rationale for suggesting the change:
If I remember correctly, in Colorado Springs we realized that if the BDD procedure didn't define a default container for data carried by a Transfer-Data-Invocation, then every service that used the BDD procedure would have to define an extension parameter.  Therefore, we changed our ASN.1 for the Transfer-Data-Invocation to add an 'OCTET STRING' as the default data container.  Later, when I saw section 4.5.2.1 again, I thought that it referred to the old (pre-Colorado Springs) ASN.1 definitions.

Best regards,
Tim