[Css-csts] action item: presentation for Agency managers

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 21 18:31:02 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

I've uploaded a powerpoint presentation in response to one of my action items (to prepare a presentation for Agency management).  The link is:

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Framework%20and%20Concept/CSTS%20Overview%202009_21_Oct.ppt

My approach was to modify the ESAW presentation (which is very good but too much information for upper management audience) and put *something* up for discussion.  If I have gone in a bad direction, then we can go back to the original ESAW presentation.  And we can straighten out the template later if we like the slides (for example, the only logo should be CCSDS).

I really like the way the ESAW slides look when run as a slide show (especially the slides about operations and procedures).  I kept those slides, but removed some of the procedures because, in my opinion, people will understand and absorb more information if a slide contains less information (others may disagree).  I tried to insert a bit of introductory material and remove most of the detailed material in the second half of the ESAW presentation.  Again, just trying to provide something for discussion.

Best regards,

Tim