[Css-csts] MD-CSTS W-0.8 on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Aug 10 11:37:00 EDT 2009

CSTSWG colleagues ---

I have uploaded to the CWE version 0.8 of the MD-CSTS White Book at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%2
0using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/MonitoredDataCSTS_W-0.8.doc

or http://tinyurl.com/MD-CSTS-W-0-8

The new version reflects the review comments received on V0.7 at the
Colorado Springs meeting. Specific changes include:

-   Removal of functional group specifics from section 2, replaced with
functional resource terminology.

-   Deletion of functional resource annexes A-E

-   Changed "distinguished name" to "relative distinguished name"

-   Modified the Operational Scenario to deal with functional resources.

-   Modified the service composition table to reflect the version
identification decisions.

-   Combined the lists of cyclically-reported and queriable monitored
parameters in section 4.

-   Reference and external (TBD) standard for monitored parameters and
event notifications, instead of the Annexes that previously held this
information.

PLEASE NOTE that while this version reflects the notion of functional
resources and their use in the naming of monitored parameters and
notifiable events, this version DOES NOT incorporate the shorthand
method for subscribing to those parameters in the START and GET
operations. As described in my email of 7/24, using the shorthand method
(in which only the parameter type is used in the subscription, but the
full collection of instances of that type are reported) is not possible
to perform without extending the associated procedures of the CSTS
Framework. I had proposed the shorthand notation as a way of addressing
potential issues in providing services to highly flexible missions with
large numbers of possible monitored parameters, only a subset of which
might be active for a given Service Package. However, since this
shorthand method is still under analysis and discussion, I decided that
it would be a good idea to post a version of the MD-CSTS specification
that uses purely adopted procedures so that we will have that as a new
baseline to work from.

John Pietras

GST, Inc.

7855 Walker Drive, Suite 200