[Css-csts] CSTS Framework draft 0.13 on the web site

Lassere Francois francois.lassere at cnes.fr
Thu May 22 07:50:41 EDT 2008

Yves

After reading the last version of the framework document (with the association control state table updated). we think that on that point, there is still something unclear for future document readers : In paragraph 2.4.2 Common procedures (Note page 2-7) we can read the following sentence "The Association procedure does not belong to any class (stateful or stateless)". But in the procedure description the paragraph 4.2.5 is titled "procedure state table" this implies the procedure has some states. In the table the states mentionned are "bound" and "unbound" and, according to the text of the procedure description, these states are the provider states. This is different for the other common procedures of the document (in 4.1.2.2 State transition table : "The state tables specify operation interactions and state transitions for the procedures on the provider side") so this is not true for the Association Control procedure which is specific.  We think it's a little bit confusing. However, after discussion we don't know really the best way to clarify this point. Perhaps we could discuss this question via email or during next teleconference.

Additional comment : Table 2-4-2 (page 2-8) : in this list the Notification procedure is SL (stateless), but in the procedure description (paragraph 4.9) this procedure is described as a stateful procedure.

Best regards.

François and Cyril