[Css-csts] CLTU - Pink Sheet

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Thu May 10 02:18:46 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Avtec and Vega reported an ASN.1 problem in the CLTU book. After looking at
the problem, we concluded in an ASN.1 error in the Service Instance
definition of the CLTU. The definition is correct in all other books.

Concluding that this was a typo, and considering that implementers are
waiting for a solution, I submitted to CCSDS a Pink Sheet to correct the
problem in the book. You will find attached the corrected CLTU page.

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
The service instance definition includes a Service Instance Attribute which
definition is supposed to be:
      ServiceInstanceAttribute ::= SET SIZE(1) OF SEQUENCE
      { identifier ATTRIBUTE.&id
      ({ServiceInstanceAttributes})
      , siAttributeValue VisibleString (SIZE (1 .. 256))
      }
In CLTU, the definition is:
      ServiceInstanceAttribute ::= SEQUENCE
      { identifier ATTRIBUTE.&id
      ({ServiceInstanceAttributes})
      , siAttributeValue VisibleString (SIZE (1 .. 256))
      }
As a consequence of this error the CLTU implementation cannot be backward
compatible with the version 1 of the SLE implementation. All the other books
(RAF, R-CF, R-OCF and FSP) have the correct definition.

SOLUTION:
The definition in CLTU is to be changed to ensure a proper backward
compatible implementation and to be in-line with the other books.
(See attached file: CCSDS 912.1-B-2. Blue Book. Issue 2. Pink Sheet - SSI
Encoding - changed page.pdf)

Best regards

Yves DOAT
Head Ground Infrastructure Baseband Section (OPS-GIB)
ESA/ESOC Robert-Bosch Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (6151) 90.2288               Fax:+49 (6151) 90.3046
Internet: http://www.esa.int/