[Css-csts] Substitute word for "live" data?

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Apr 25 17:51:54 EDT 2007

Members of the CSTSWG --
I have come across a term that I think might be appropriate for what has
been recently called "live" (as in "live data") in the CSTS Procedures
Definition document. The word is "contemporaneous", which is defined as
"existing, occurring, or beginning at the same time or during the same
period of time as something else". It is a rather long word, but I think
that it is a proper word for what we are trying to express.
Specifically, "contemporaneous data" could be defined for CSTS purposes
as "data that exists or occurs at the same time as it is generated by
its source."

Given that there has been some uneasiness with the term "live", we might
want to consider this as an alternative.