[Css-csts] FW: BB1 and BB2

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Oct 11 11:07:38 EDT 2006

Yves and members of the CSTSWG,
In support of the International Space Station, RT Logic has developed
Blue Book v2-compliant versions of the RAF, RCF, and FCLTU transfer
services, the first such "upgrading" from the INTEGRAL/Red Book version
of the API software to be developed in the US. In the process of
performing the upgrade, they have documented the changes from Red Book
to Blue-2. Mr. Jerry Meleski of RT Logic has offered to present their
results at the January workshop in Colorado Springs. I am unaware of any
documentation of the specific changes that must be made to a Red
Book-conformant implementation to make it Blue-2 compliant, and I think
that this would be a valuable addition to the formal documentation of
the SLE/CSTS suite, perhaps as a Magenta book.

In developing the schedule for the January Workshop, please consider
adding a slot of time for Mr. Meleski or one of his colleagues to
present their findings. Perhaps it could be included as part of an SLE
specification maintenance session.

As you'll see in the copy of Mr. Meleski's message below, they would
also be able to comment on their findings regarding performance
limitations of the SLE services. These findings might apply not only to
the existing SLE transfer services, but also to the CSTS toolkit
operations that are currently under development.

John Pietras
Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST)
7855 Walker Drive
Suite 200