[Css-csts] CSTS Toolkit White Book Ver 0.4

Yasunori Iwana iwana.yasunori at jaxa.jp
Tue May 30 23:23:17 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I have uploaded the file: "CSTS_Toolkit_W04.doc"
to CWE in the directory of JAXA proposal for CSTS Toolkit.

This update is based on comments from Y. Doat, and
the Minutes of the Interim Meeting in February.

I apologize that the reflection of the disscussions made in the interim
meeting to the white book is not enough, because I did not participate
the meeting and do not understand the conclusions completely.

1. Procedures
   I am sorry that I have not yet reflect the text of all procedures
   documents to the white book.
   Most procedures documents on CWE are not yet updated to
   reflect the result of the interim meeting and I can not catch
   the each procedures document status.

2. Blocking and Non-blocking
   Sorry again I can not fully understand what is the issues and
   what is the conclusion concerning Blocking and Non-blocking.

3. Multiple Start/Stop
    I introduced the 'data-channel-id' which corresponds to
    the concept 'separate procedure instance ID' in the minutes.

4. Extension Parameter
    In ASN.1 modules, I used the type EXTERNAL as recommended
    by Y. Doat.

5. Get Parameter
    I introduced the service-specific-parameter.

6. Standard Headers
   I reduced Headers (from 3 to 2).

7. Notification
   I introduced the service-specific-status to notification.

8. Diagnostic
   I introduced the service-specific-diagnostic.(CCR45)

9. ASN.1 modules
   I split the common types module and made it smaller, and add
   the opaque types module, the structured types module, and
   the service instance id module.

10. Association (CCR1)
   I deleted the provider-initiated bind mode.

11. Service Instance Definition (CCR2)
   I added W. Hell's proposal (little modified).

12. Configuration Querry (CCR46)
   I introduced get-parameters (concatenation of get-parameter).

13. Control Directive (CCR44)
   I introduced control-directive-status to notification.

14. New States
   Sorry I do not understand the new states: Down, Active, Inactive.
   I have not yet introduced these new states to the white book.

Yasunori Iwana
JAXA