[Css-csts] Describing relationships between operations

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Dec 12 15:48:55 EST 2006

Members of the CSTSWG,
I have been looking at the draft document "Procedures Definition for
Cross Support Transfer Services" ("Red Book", October 2006) that was
made available to us before last month's telecon. In looking at the
definition of the operations, I see what I believe to be inappropriate
specification of relationships among operations. For example:

Under 4.6,  START operation:
4.6.1.4	All data delivered following the START but prior to the next
STOP (see 4.7) shall be delivered in the order in which they were
received or generated.

4.6.1.5	START is valid only after a successful BIND ...

Under 4.7, STOP:
4.7.1.3	STOP is valid only after a successful START ...

Under 4.8, TRANSFER-DATA
4.8.1.3	TRANSFER-DATA is valid only after a successful START ...

and so on.

I believe that in accordance with our separation between definition of
the operations and definitions of the procedures, these relationships
should be removed from the operation definitions and reflected instead
in the relevant Procedure specifications.