[Css-csts] Announcement for a new MOIMS BOF

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Dec 6 03:03:54 EST 2006

Dear all,

MOIMS wishes to start a new BOF.

Background
As you may know, following OAIS (the most visited CCSDS standard on the Web)
it was agreed that RLG and NARA  take a lead on the certification work. This
they did, forming a  closed panel (some MOIS DAI WG staff are also members).
The final version of this  will be released shortly. It still will need a lot
of work but, would be one very good input to the BOF.  MOIMS will also
promote the BOF under the OAIS community.

Description
BOF: Repository Audit and Certification
As recorded in the successful OAIS Reference Model, there is a demand for a
standard against which Repositories of digital information may be audited and
on which an international accreditation and certification process may be
based. The BOF will seek proposals to take forward to produce the required
audit and certification standard. In addition to
Space Agency support, it is anticipated that significant resources will be
contributed from many other organisations.

Subscription
Please let us know via e-mail (moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org) before 31st Dec
2006 if you are interested to participate in the first BOF meeting (maximum 2
hours).
I would kindly ask you to distribute this invitation to whom might be
interested within your organization

Logistics
As there are problems to get rooms at Penrouse House, MOIMS will arrange the
meeting by using our already allocated rooms.
Date, time and location will be announced later

ciao
nestor