[Css-csts] Update to NASA State Tables

Peter Shames peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 11 03:02:39 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for the late update, but we identified some problems in the
updated state table documents that we sent out earlier.  The update is
attached.  For information, the primary changes are to clarify the
identification of a Confirmed Stream mode (C-Stream) and an Unconfirmed
Stream mode (U-Stream).  These are very much similar to the current
F-CLTU and R-AF services, but they are intended to be fully
bi-directional and explicitly move data related semantics and
processing into the application service layer.  Upon further reflection
we think we will need to have both an explicit read and write
operation, instead of the single "transfer" operation.  This is not yet
reflected in these state tables.

We hope to discuss this during the kick-off meeting on Wednesday
(assuming that a meeting room can be found).

Best regards, Peter Shames

Name: ESA Common Anal TN1 - Issue 1_2J2.rtf
Type: application/rtf

Peter Shames
Manager - JPL Information Systems Standards Program
InterPlanetary Network and Information Systems Directorate
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-265
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-1333