[Css-cssm-info] [EXTERNAL] Re: [cssm] Telecon reminder and proposed agenda for February 2

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Tue Feb 2 15:14:39 UTC 2021

Hi Wes,
                 I've been working on integrating the SPDF UML into the
existing UML model and also sorting out the schema. A few things have come
up;

I had to change the name of a couple of classes to avoid namespace clashes
in the schema
I don't think the TrajectoryDetails class is required, and would suggest
that the trajectoryRef attribute is moved to the ServicePkg class with a
caridinality of 0...1.
Rather than referencing the EventSequence, ConfigurationProfileContents
and DDORScanPattern classes directly I would do so via abstract classes so
that if required Agency specific EventSeqeunces,
ConfigurationProfileConstants and DDORScanPattern classes could be used.
(This also would be consistent with the SMURF and would imply that the
abstract  EventSequence, ConfigurationProfileContents and DDORScanPattern
classes should be defined in (Issue 2) of the CDF book, as should be the
frequencyBand and serviceType attributes - this also needs a change to the
SMURF)
I have a bit of a problem with the named BriefServicePkg and
FullServicePackage. My understanding is that the BriefServicePkg actually
is a complete service package and that the FullServicePackage is exactly
the same except that it contains in addition the EventSeqeunce and
ConfigurationProfiles related to the ServicePackage. In this case I would
suggest that the BriedServicePkg be renamed to ServicePkg, and the
FullServicePkg to EnhancedServicePkg.
I would suggest that the BriefSerivePgk (or ServicePkg if the above
suggestion is accepted) contains references to the relevent
EventSequences, Configuration Profiles and DDOR Scan Patterns.
An additional suggestion is that for the BriefServicePkg 2 additional
classes should be added. One would contain a list of modified parameters
(if any) for the EventSequence, cardinality 0...1. The other would contain
a list of modified parameter for the configuration profiles. There would
be one of these for each Configuration profile related to the service
package which had modified parameters.

One other point, what is the use case for the FullServicePkg ?, I have a
vague recollection of this being discussed at one time but I've forgotten
what the justification was. Bearing that in mind I'm wondering whether the
FullServicePkg is actually required, it strikes me that providing the
references should be sufficent, but as I've said I can't remember the
origin of the FullServicePkg

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,