[Css-crm] Changed terms from restructuring

Takahiro Yamada tyamada@pub.isas.ac.jp
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:00:30 +0900

Nancy,

>    1. From:  Version Number     To:  Packet Version Number
>       We use the term “Frame Version Number.”  Is that unchanged?

Yes.

>    2. From:  Privately Defined Data Transfer Service      To:  Virtual
>       Channel Access Service
>       We use the term “Privately defined data (PDD)” in table A-1.  What
>       would the corresponding new term be?

VCA_SDU (Virtual Channel Access Service Data Unit).

>    3. From:  Application Data     To:  User Data
>       The change is for Telecommand, but we use the term “Application
>       Data” in a Packet Telemetry context.  Do I make the change anyway?

In any of my restructured books, I made the following distinction:

application data: data provided by the user (in a generic sense). This
word is only used in explanatory sentences.

Used Data: data contained in a field that is not a header or a
trailer. This word is only used in sentences that specify data formats.

In the old TC Blue Book, Part 3, this distinction was not strict, so I
changed the term "Application Data" that appeared in sentences that
specify data formats to User Data. But this does not mean that I do
not use the term "application data" at all. In this sense, the list of
changes that I provided was ambiguous, and I'm sorry for this confusion.

I'd appreciate it if you could make the distinction that I showed
above in the cross support documents.

>    4. From:  VCDU Service     To:  Virtual Channel Frame Service
>       How do we call protect service and C/VCDU service?

What are the protect service and C/VCDU service?

Best regards,
Takahiro Yamada.