[CMC] Resolution SEA-R-2023-06-01: Call for new SEA Time Management WG Chair candidates

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 3 19:20:52 UTC 2023

Dear CMC colleagues,

As we mentioned during the CMC report from SEA, Jon Hamkins, who has been the chair of the Time Management WG, is moving on to other tasks.  There are a couple of possible candidates, but I wanted to give you, the CMC members, the opportunity to propose candidates to lead this important task.

The work is to define a Blue Book with a related set of standards for for time transfer, clock correlation, clock synchronization, and for time distribution in a space network.  As I am sure you are aware, this last topic is going to be especially useful for correlating observations in a Delay Tolerant Network (DTN) architecture.  And clock synchronization will have a role in any coordinated science / exploration missions.

Please provide any suitable candidates to the SEA AD, peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, by the end of 30 June 2023.

Resolution SEA-R-2023-06-01, Call for new SEA Time Management WG Chair candidates

Secretariat:  In accordance with CCSDS Org & Proc, 2.3.3.4 Working Group Chairs,  please provide a poll for the CMC.

Thanks, Peter Shames

Peter Shames
Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS)
Systems Engineering Area Director
Jet Propulsion Laboratory / Interplanetary Network Directorate
4800 Oak Grove Drive
MS 301-490
Pasadena, CA 91109

peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>